Enjoying a glass of wine with dinner is a treat that should be enjoyed on a regular basis! My husband and I try to have a wonderfully paired wine with dinner once per week. Whether it’s a rich red wine with beef or a light white wine next to a cream sauce, an accurate pairing of drink and food makes the world of a different.
Speaking of pairing, lounging by the pool, tanning in the sun, or having a backyard cookout are perfect complements to a glass of sangria! If you’re like me, you crave sangria right when you want it…and sangria usually melds flavors overnight. Here is the perfect solution: the best 5-minute sangria!
How can sangria absorb all of the flavors of fruit in only 5 minutes? The Vitamix Aer Disc container muddles the fruit, causing the juices to flow and blend with the wine, leaving you with the best sangria you’ve ever tasted.
Pour you wine (red or white, but please don’t mix) and fruit into the blender. I add triple sec for an extra kick of alcohol and flavor, but that’s optional. Blend away. Finish with something bubbly, like soda water (no sugar), a lemon-lime soda or flavored sparkling water.
The Aer disc container magically combines the wine and fruit for a full-bodied sangria in less than 5 minutes. Also, a proper red wine should aerate. The Aer disc takes care of that too.
- 375 mL red or white wine, any variety
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup of other fruits, mango, peaches, pears, plums, pineapple, grapes, oranges, etc.
- ¼ - ½ cup lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- Pour red wine (use the measurements on the side of the container), pineapple juice, triple sec, and fruit into your Vitamix Aer Disc container. Run on high for 30 seconds.
- Turn off machine. Pour in soda or sparkling water. Run machine on low for 15 seconds to incorporate.
- Strain out the fruit and serve.
A red or white wine composed of multiple grapes is best. You can’t go wrong with fresh fruit; pick whichever fruits you have at home or which flavors you prefer. Plain soda water will add bubbles without any sugar, while lemon-lime soda or flavored sparkling water will add bubbles and fruit flavors.
For a nonalcoholic version, use white or red grape juice and don't add the triple sec.
Make this a frozen sangria by adding 1 cup of ice to the blender.
The next time you find yourself craving a glass of sangria, you can make a batch in only 5 minutes!