Squashes are in season and it’s time to take advantage of the fresh fall flavor. With just a few ingredients, a little bit of prep time, and the help of a powerful blender, you’ll create delicious fall squash soup fit for a five star restaurant.
This easy, healthy recipe for acorn squash soup is one of my favorites and if you give it a try, I bet it will be one of yours, too!
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet and place the squash halves cut side down.
- Roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes, until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Mince the garlic cloves and dice the onion.
- In a large pot, melt the butter, then add garlic and onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Add salt, cumin and curry powder and mix thoroughly, allowing a few minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Remove the squash from oven and allow to cool slightly, then scoop out squash flesh and add to the pot.
- Add vegetable stock and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend on high for 2-3 minutes, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Find more blended soup recipes on BlenderRecipes.us.