Berries are easy to love, but veggies often require a more refined pallate (especially for kids). Which is why you should try this smoothie. It tastes like berries but has an entire carrot hidden inside!
I made this recipe using a large purple carrot, but classic orange ones are excellent as well. If you scrub the outside to remove dirt, you don’t need to peel the carrot—and you’ll get even more nutrients! But if your family is sensitive to earthy vegetable flavors, it’s probably better to peel the outside.
Drop that carrot into your Vitamix container. Next, plop in ½ cup of yogurt (any kind or flavor). Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flax seeds over that. Last, add blueberries and strawberries (fresh or frozen, although frozen one make the smoothie refreshingly cold).
Blend those five ingredients together for a colorful and nutritious smoothie, tasty for even the pickiest of eaters!
Want to add even more healthy ingredients? Try one of these additions:
- A handful of spinach. This adds a tint of green to your drink, plus powerful vitamins.
- ¼ cup of other fruit: raspberries, blackberries, peaches, mango, banana, etc.
- Another carrot. Carrots are naturally sweet on their own, so adding another one won’t change much of the smoothie flavor.
- ½ cucumber. This adds a fresh splash of water and taste to your smoothie.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. Want more protein? This is the best way to get it in a smoothie!
- ½ cup oatmeal. The rich, nutty flavor of oatmeal is a nice addition, plus it makes your drink more filling!
- 1 purple carrot
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix blender container.
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds, until fully incorporated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g