A fresh chimichurri sauce is the perfect accompaniment for grilled steak, chicken, or even spooned over grilled vegetables. It tastes best if used fresh, but can be stored for a day or two to allow flavors to meld and still taste great.
- 1 cup of Italian parsley
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- 1 shallot
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 jalapeno or fresno chili
- Add all ingredients to the blender container and secure the lid.
- Turn the blender on at a low speed, then slowly increase speed to high.
- Blend on high for 10-15 seconds.
- Spoon onto grilled meat or vegetables and enjoy!