The sun lingers above the horizon for a few extra hours in the summer, and the increasing degrees on the thermometer take a toll on your body. To accommodate, you lounge in the shade, glisten (sweat) to keep cool, and drink more liquids than normal.
Have your noticed that an ice cold glass of water is extra refreshing on a warm afternoon? Yet sometimes water doesn’t hit the spot. Your body craves a different taste to confront the heat.
When that moment strikes, a quick Cranberry Lemonade Granita is just what you’re craving!
Pull out your handy Vitamix. Add the lemon juice, water, and sugar to the standard blender container. Run on high for around three minutes, until the liquid has warmed up enough to dissolve the sugar.
(You could also warm these three ingredients up on the stove top, but why heat up your kitchen? The Vitamix does the same thing without increasing the room temperature!)
Allow that mixture to cool off in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes. Then add pure cranberry juice and ice, and blend for 30-60 seconds, until the ice is broken into coarse chunks.
Enjoy your Cranberry Lemonade Granita immediately while it’s icy cold. Store leftovers in a freezer-proof container lined with parchment paper. Let it thaw for a few minutes on the counter before popping it in the blender.
Bonus: Fresh lemon juice and pure cranberry juice (not from concentrate) are beneficial for your digestive health and have various detoxing properties!
You may also enjoy:
- ½ cup lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup pure cranberry juice
- 4-5 cups ice
- Add the lemon juice, water, and sugar to your Vitamix blender container and run on high for 3-5 minutes, or until the liquid has warmed up enough to dissolve the sugar. OR Simmer the lemon juice, water, and sugar in a small pot over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cool the mixture by placing the pan in the fridge/freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour 4-5 cups of ice into the blender. Then add the cooled lemon mixture and cranberry juice.
- Blend on medium for 30-45 seconds until the ice is ground into coarse chunks.
- Enjoy immediately. Store the leftovers in a freezer-proof container lined with parchment paper. To enjoy, thaw for a few minutes then toss in the blender.
Makes 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
Store the leftovers in a freezer-proof container lined with parchment paper. To enjoy, thaw for a few minutes then toss in the blender.
Purchase pure cranberry juice instead of cranberry juice from concentrate. If you can't find this near the other juices, check the organic section.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 0gSugar: 71gProtein: 0g