With Thanksgiving right around the corner, one thing that’s surely on everyone’s shopping list is cranberry sauce. This year, why not forgo the can-shaped purple gel and make something fresh.
It’s extremely easy to make and your guests will certainly be able to taste the difference.
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Framboise Lambic beer (such as Lindemans)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest from one large orange
- 16-ounce package fresh cranberries
- Empty Framboise beer into a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add sugar, rind, and cranberries; bring to a simmer.
- Cook 20 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick and most cranberries have popped, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to blender and blend on a low-medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl; cover and chill. (Sauce will continue to thicken as it chills.)