I could stuff my face on an entire plate of bacon, but thankfully my sense of moral judgement encourages self-control. Instead of being a bacon hog, I incorporate bacon into other meals. It offers incredible flavor and can completely transform a dish.
The best part of this egg, bacon, and veggie recipe is that it’s unbeatably easy. Crack the eggs into Vitamix Aer Disc container. Turn it on and gradually increase the speed to medium and run for thirty seconds. You’ll notice the eggs frothing and expanding; they should nearly double in size.
In a separate bowl, combine the crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and seasonings. Like veggies? Toss in diced bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions. Not a fan of vegetables? No problem, you can skip them. Mix in the eggs until the mixture is well combined.
See how easy that was?
Pour into a muffin tin. I love my jumbo muffin tin which has six extra large muffin cups, but a standard muffin tray will also work well.
Don’t forget to grease your muffin tray! Cooking spray, olive oil, or butter are all perfect options.
Bake for fifteen minutes. When you open your oven, don’t freak out! The egg muffins will be fluffy and overflowing the muffin cups. That’s normal! Remove it from the oven and it will deflate within a minute. Scoop out of the muffin tin and enjoy while it’s hot.
If desired, serve with extra cheese and crumbled bacon on top. (In my humble opinion, more bacon is always better!)
- 7 eggs
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes
- Optional: ½ cup diced veggies (bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large muffin tray (6 count) or standard muffin in (12 count) with cooking spray or butter.
- Crack the eggs in the Vitamix Aer Disc container. Run on medium speed for 30 seconds until the eggs are frothy.
- Mix together the frothed eggs, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, Italian herbs, cajun seasoning, and optional veggies.
- Pour evenly into muffin tin. Fill each cup ½ to ⅔ full (it will rise during baking).
- Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 936mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g