The older I get, the more I notice how dehydrated I am when I wake up in the morning. Aside from the obvious symptoms (umm…emptying my bladder), I feel puffy and have a slight headache. Which is why I began chugging an 8oz glass of water every single morning.
My husband does this same thing, although he enjoys a morning detox drink. After some research, my hubby learned about the amazing benefits of fresh lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Lemons alkalize your body’s pH.
- Lemons also stimulate your liver to cleanse toxins out of your body.
- The vitamin C from lemons and the antibacterial properties of cayenne help your body fight off germs.
- Cayenne suppresses food cravings and speeds up your metabolism.
- Cinnamon is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-carcinogenic (fights cancer)!
Originally he tried to stir all of those ingredients into a glass of water. Unfortunately that didn’t thoroughly combine everything. Next, my husband attempted to shake them all together in a water bottle. That worked okay, but the cayenne pepper and cinnamon still wanted to float on the top. Which is when I told him to try the Vitamix Aer Disc container!
Tossing all of those ingredients into the blender cup juices the fresh lemon and emulsifies the herbs into the liquid. Ta-da!
It’s easier than ever to prep your morning detox drink in the Vitamix Aer! Your body will thank you all day and everyday.
- 2 cups water (slightly warm or lukewarm)
- 1 lemon, ends trimmed off and cut into 4 slices (not quarters)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix Aer Disc container. Run on medium or high speed for 30 seconds.
- Strain out the lemon peel and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1183mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g