When you’re looking to lose weight, smoothies can be a quick and delicious way to enjoy your nutrients and see results. Many people struggle with preparing a nutritious breakfast, lunch, or snack, especially when they will be out and about, and skipping meals is not only an unhealthy weight loss option, but can also cause your body to not only retain, but even gain weight. Try out some new recipes to help you stay full and drop pounds.
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ frozen banana
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup ice
- 2 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp whey protein
- Add all ingredients to blender
- Turn blender on
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy
- *If you have a blender with Preset Settings like a Vitamix or Blendtec, use the "Smoothie" Preset
- Add in some pumpkin pie spice, or your own mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and even ground pepper for a fall kick.
- For a dairy-free alternative, consider a vegan protein. Try one of these protein sources for an extra boost to round out your smoothie and make it a true meal replacement.
- Soy Protein
- Brown rice protein Pea protein
- Cranberry protein
- Hemp protein
- Peanut protein
- Artichoke protein
- Pumpkin seed and sunflower seed protein
- If you want to make sure your protein powder is completely clean and vegan, while customizing the flavors to enhance your pumpkin smoothie, you can also make your own protein powder, which gives you a base of ingredients and then add in amino acids and flavors to create a well-balanced powder.
This thick shake is reminiscent of a classic milkshake — but without the bad-for-you ingredients and sugar levels. It’s rich pumpkin flavor lets you have your pie and drink it, too, giving you the taste of fall all year long. While helping you reach your weight loss goals.