The summer season is one of my favorite times of year for one reason: fresh, local strawberries! After a trip to the farmers market on a Saturday morning or an afternoon picking them in a field, I always end up with more than I can use.
One of the ways that I love to use them up is by making a refreshing summer strawberry lemonade. It’s quick and easy to make, and tastes great on a warm summer afternoon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and leaves removed
- 4 cups cold water
- ice cubes
- Combine the sugar and warm water in a small saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat sugar mixture on the stove on low-medium heat until all sugar has been dissolved.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberries in a blender with 1/2 cup of water and process until smooth. Pour strawberry puree into a large pitchers with the sugar water and stir well.
- Add the lemon juice and 4 cups of cold water, then stir well to combine.
- Serve in a glass full of ice cubes and enjoy!