Ever been in a salad dressing rut? We get into a groove of Caesar salads or a simple dressing of Italian olive oil and vinegar. But after a while my tastebuds crave something more exotic. When that happens, I whip out my Vitamix Aer container and experiment with new flavors.
Recently I was in a mood for an Asian-infused vinaigrette, something sweet and spicy.
- For the something sweet: honey.
- For a kick of spice: cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- I used a base of sesame oil and soy sauce to keep the Asian flavors, plus some olive oil too.
- I add garlic to everything, so I included a bit of garlic powder in the dressing too.
- Apple cider vinegar gave this a well-rounded taste.
- And lastly, my salad dressing secret ingredient: a dash of yellow mustard. I know, that sounds strange, but it truly adds an extra punch of flavor.
- Optional: ginger zest. I’m not a fan of ginger, but I have no doubt that it would be a nice bonus to this sweet and spicy dressing.
Let the Aer Disc whirr to life and incorporate the ingredients together. You’ll be left with a dressing worthy enough to serve any guest at your table!
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of yellow mustard
- Pinch of cayenne
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix Aer Disc container.
- Gradually increase speed to high and blend for 20 second.
Store extra dressing in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g