Peppermint Protein Smoothie
With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s a good time to start your mornings off with a healthy festive peppermint protein filled smoothie. This smoothie combines fresh mint, banana, and spinach to make a refreshing, guilt-free treat.
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- Fresh mint leaves (de-stemmed)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla (or plain) protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup of ice (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender and blend until silky smooth. Add chocolate chips and pulse until chips are finely chopped and serve.