When the herbs start growing, it’s time for flavorful dishes and refreshing homemade drinks! One of my personal favorites is mint lemonade.
Mint, of all varieties, grows abundantly. If you want to try your green thumb at mint, start with it in pots. If you put it in the ground, you’ll discover that it rampantly takes over the entire flower bed!
Mint may sound like a tough ingredient to incorporate into your kitchen. But the ideas are endless…mint chicken, mint and lemon salad dressing, mint tea, and mint lemonade.
If you haven’t tried our classic 2 Minute Lemonade (using the Vitamix Aer), you’re missing out! In literally 2 minutes you have a fresh glass of homemade lemonade. How is that possible? With the amazing Vitamix Aer container!
Simply dump in some water, ice cubes, sugar (or honey) and sliced lemons. For this variety, toss in a handful of fresh mint leaves. The Aer Disc container juices the lemons and muddles the mint without pureeing them, like a traditional blender would. After it works its magic, you strain out the lemon peel, lemon pulp, and mint leaves.
Serve this chilled or over a glass of ice cubes and prepare to be awakened, rejuvenated, and refreshed from this homemade mint lemonade!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 lemon ends trimmed off and sliced into 4 rounds
- 2-4 Tbsp fresh mint leaves depending on how minty you want it to be
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 1 ½ cups ice
- Add ingredients into the Vitamix Aer Disc container in the order listed. (Note: You can measure the water using the side of the container)
- Turn the machine on low and gradually increase the speed to high for 30 seconds.
- Strain and serve over ice.