When was the last time you sat beside a roaring campfire on a brisk evening?
Spring and Fall are camping weather. If you’re not up for sleeping in a tent, perhaps you find yourself spending the cooling Spring and Fall evenings outdoors. Sitting under the stars on your porch. Taking a stroll around the neighborhood. Gazing upon fireflies. Spotting deer or bunnies as the sun hides behind the horizon.
I often find myself beside a fire, watching the embers glow as I feel the heat upon my cheeks and grasp a warm drink in my hand, like peppermint hot chocolate. It seems impossible to separate a fire from s’mores, hot drinks, and quality time spent with friends and family.
But when we’re having a campfire, I want to be with the people, not stuck inside preparing food or drinks. That’s why this peppermint hot chocolate is perfect! I dump the three ingredients into my Vitamix Aer container, turn it on and go back outside. I set a timer for 6 minutes, then come back to a perfectly frothed and hot drink, ready to be poured into mugs and sipped beside the fire.
- 2 cups of milk 2% or whole milk works best
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, add more as desired
- Add the milk, chocolate chips and peppermint extract to Vitamix Aer container.
- Gradually turn blender to variable 10. Blend for 5-6 minutes, or until the chocolate chips are melted and fully incorporated into the mixture. It will be frothy, steamy, and ready to enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 172mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 42g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g
The peppermint reminds me of a refreshing Spring, and pairs surprisingly well with s’mores. Added benefit: the peppermint aromas perk you up, allowing you to stay awake later to build memories around the fire!