Feeling achy? Have stiff joints? Are you swollen with inflammation? Try a natural remedy for your ailments! This superstar smoothie reduces inflammation and also works for allergies, irritable bowels, fatigue, or chronic pain.
Inflammation, commonly known as the trigger for arthritis and similar diseases, can also be the traced root to many chronic diseases, particularly heart attacks, strokes and cancer. Even lack of exercise, poor diet and an unhealthy lifestyle can originate from low-grade inflammation.
Maybe you’ve experienced some of these symptoms and haven’t linked it to the possibility of inflammation before…No matter what you’re feeling in your body, the ingredients in this delightful drink will be good for your tastebuds and fuel for your body.
This anti-inflammatory smoothie is densely packed with inflammation fighting nutrients! Take a tasty sip and feel your body begin to heal from the inside out.
Pineapple contains bromeliaceae (or pineapple protease), which is known to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. It’s especially effective for arthritis. Ginger is also a well-know inflammation buster. Other fruits, like mango and peach, help cleanse unwanted mucus out of your digestive tract and body. The walnuts have the potential to significantly reduce inflammation by diminishing levels of C-reactive protein.
Curious if it works? Whip up this smoothie and see if it makes a difference!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup kefir, any flavor
- 1-2 cups kale
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted, or 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1/2 fresh papaya
- ½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- ½ banana
- Optional: ½ cup fresh or frozen peaches
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Flax seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric, or ½ inch fresh turmeric root
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp raw honey
- Add all ingredients to the blender. (I recommend placing liquids, seeds and herbs in first; followed by greens; and topped with fruit. This method allows the heavy fruit to push down on the lighter items, making things blend more evenly.)
- Blend on low for 10-20 seconds until all items begin to blend. Use the damper if necessary.
- Gradually increase the speed to high. Blend for roughly 30 seconds.
Not used to putting herbs in your smoothie? The hint of cinnamon is a captivating, subtle flavor. The ginger can be potent, so be cautious when adding it. The turmeric doesn't bear a strong flavor but it hosts numerous nutritional benefits.