Soup is often thought of as a comforting winter meal, but it makes a delicious light summertime meal when served chilled. This tomato-based gazpacho is made with plenty of fresh lime juice, spicy jalapeños, and cooling cucumber for a refreshing summer soup.
With no cooking involved, you are able to prepare it in minutes and store it in the refrigerator for a healthy appetizer or light meal anytime.
Use home grown, summertime tomatoes straight from your garden for the most flavorful results.
- Medium tomatoes – 6
- Small white onion – 1
- Medium cucumber, peeled – 1
- Red bell pepper – 1/2
- Celery – 1 stalk
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Jalapeño pepper – 1 (remove seeds if you don’t want it too spicy)
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cold water or vegetable stock – 3-4 cups
Garnishes: Lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, jalapeños
- Place all of the ingredients into blender container
- Blend until vegetables are all finely chopped and slightly pureed, about 30-45 seconds blending on high speed
- Add additional water if necessary to get the desired consistency. It shouldn’t take more than a minute or two of blending to get the desired consistency; blending too long will cause the soup to become hot
- Pour the soup into a plastic storage container (don’t use metal; it will affect the flavor of your soup), and store until chilled, preferably overnight
- Serve straight from the refrigerator topped with your desired garnishes
Find more great recipes at Blender Recipes