If you’re a fan of lush salads or vegetable medleys, this layered salad with creamy dill dressing is perfect for you!
My yearly contribution on Easter Sunday dinner always includes a layered salad. It’s loaded with fresh lettuces and overflowing with crisp veggies. It’s also a go-to option when we invite multiple guests over for dinner or need to feed a substantial crowd.
But don’t be fooled that this is a plain Jane salad with tossed vegetables. The fresh dill dressing makes takes this dish from boring to ecstatic! A simple blend of sour cream and greek yogurt form the base of the dressing. Next, swirl in fresh or dried dill, parsley, plus a dash of seasoning salt and a bit of extra virgin olive oil to thin it out.
The layered salad begins with lettuce and the dill dressing in a large trifle bowl (preferably in a glass bowl so you can admire the colorful ingredients from the outside). Then you sprinkle layers of the vegetables of your choice:
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
Lastly, apply another layer of lettuce and the creamy dill dressing. Finish off this loaded layered salad with shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or feta), crispy bacon, and fresh tomatoes on top.
Creamy Dill Dressing
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh or dried dill
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix Aer container.
- Blend on medium speed for 30-60 seconds, until all ingredients are evenly combined. If necessary, scrape down the sides of the container with a spatula.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pairs well with a layered salad.