Little kids are the best lemonade salesmen on the planet.
- Their insatiable thirst for a sweet cold lemonade makes them relatable.
- Their marketing signs look a lot like the ones from Chick-fil-A and probably have a similar success rate.
- And they are the only kind of sellers who can take your money (even if it’s just a quarter) simply by having an adorable smile.
The next time your kids—or you!—are craving a glass of lemonade, skip the store-bought powders. Try this 5-ingredient strawberry limeade instead.
It’s so simple, that your kids could make this recipe all by themselves (except for cutting with a sharp knife).
First, fill up the Vitamix Aer Disc container with 1½ cups of water and one cup of ice. Tip: the measurements are listed on the container.
Then slice the strawberries and the limes. The blender will juice the fruit for you! Tip: trim off the ends of the lime and throw them away. Slice the remaining lime into rounds.
Next, add a spoonful of honey or sugar.
Whirr your blender to life and let it run on high for 45 seconds.
Using a fine mesh strainer, pour the strawberry limeade into a pitcher or glasses. It’s so tasty that there won’t be enough left over to sell in your kid’s lemonade stand…I guess you will just have to make a second batch!
- 1½ cup cold water
- 1 cup ice
- 2 limes, trim off the ends and cut into 4 equal slices
- 4-6 strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Using the measurements on the Aer Disc cup, add 1½ cups of cold water and 1 cup of ice.
- Add the sliced limes and strawberries and honey.
- Gradually increase the speed to high and blend for 45 seconds.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove pulp and rinds. Enjoy it while it’s cold!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g