In light of world news, you don’t need another person telling you what is wrong and how to fix it. But one thing is certain: a healthy immune system will keep your body functioning at maximum capacity. And oranges are one way to make that happen.
Like most citrus fruits, oranges contain high levels of Vitamin C and E, which combat free radicals and therefore help your body fight off nasty viruses and colds. Plus, they’re yummy and rejuvenating!
But you can enjoy oranges beyond just eating one for a snack, like this Orange and Honey Vinaigrette Dressing. Combine your fresh oranges, peeled and deseeded and sliced, with some water in your Vitamix Aer Disc container. Run on medium speed for one minute, pushing those orange slices down into the disc to ensure the machine fully juices each slice.
Strain, then pour back into the Vitamix Aer Disc container. Add the remaining ingredients: olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper, then mix it all together for another thirty seconds.
Drizzle this tasty dressing over a fresh salad of lettuce. Pair it with goat cheese and crackers. Spoon it over fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Or toss it with a cold pasta salad. And while you enjoy this tasty homemade dressing, remind yourself that it’s boosting your immune system ready to attack any foreign viruses.
Orange and Honey Vinaigrette Dressing
This sweet citrus vinaigrette is perfect for a salad in the Springtime! Pairs well with goat cheese or a cold pasta salad.
- For the fresh orange juice:
- ½ cup water
- 2 large oranges, peeled, deseeded, and sliced
- For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Place water and orange slices in the Vitamix Aer Disc container. Run on medium for 1 minute to juice the orange slices. Use the tamper to push the orange slices into the blade to ensure maximum juicing.
- Strain the pulp from the juice, then pour it back into the container.
- Add the olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper to the container. Run on medium for 30 seconds to combine.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Don’t have a Vitamix Aer Disc container or fresh oranges? You can sub ½ cup of store-bought orange juice in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g