One of my favorite indulgences this time of year is eggnog and enjoying a glass of it around the holidays always brings back good memories.
Unfortunately, some of those good feelings faded when I looked at the nutritional facts on the side of the carton, so I went searching for a healthier version. This is one of my favorites, and it uses almond or soy milk as the base instead of heavy cream, so it saves quite a bit of calories and I feel better about enjoying a cup of holiday eggnog.
- 4 cups almond or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Add 2 cups of almond milk and instant vanilla pudding powder to blender container and secure lid
- Blend mixture on low-medium speed for 30 seconds until mixture starts to thicken
- Reduce speed to low and remove lid plug
- Add remaining 2 cups of almond milk, cream, salt, and spices through opening in the lid and continue to blend on low for 20-30 seconds
- Once mixture is thoroughly combined, refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight allowing it to chill before serving
- Serve in glass and garnish with ground nutmeg or cinnamon