Fresh, homemade hummus is incredibly easy to make and can save you a ton of money over the store bought brands. This simple recipe is a perfect starting point that can be easily spiced up to your tastes. One of my favorite things to add is chili paste, like Sambal Oelek.
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained (reserving liquid)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender, combine ingredients in order listed.
- On the lowest speed, blend the ingredients while slowly adding the reserved liquid from the can of garbanzo beans, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with raw vegetables, pitas, or chips.