When your family has the Winter blues, brighten the day with fresh lemonade.
When your family has spent the Spring day playing outside, quench their thirst with a cold glass of lemonade.
When you family has been splashing in the Summer pool, refuel them for play with a full cup of lemonade.
When you family has been walking in the crisp Autumn air, savor the moment with lemonade.
No matter the season, no matter the occasion, lemonade is the perfect drink!
It has been a dreary week in my area of the country. We had days and days of rain and gray skies. It finally felt like Spring yesterday, which put me in the mood for lemonade! I surprised my family at the table with a hearty glass of bright pink lemonade beside their dinner plate.
It took me three minutes to prep this delicious drink while our food was simmering on the stove. I used the measurements on the side of my Vitamix Aer Disc container to fill up the water and ice cubes. Next I tossed in a handful of frozen blueberries, a scoop of cane sugar, plus a sliced lemon.
Hint: After you wash off your lemon, roll is between your hand and the counter a few times to release the juices. Then trim off the ends and slice into 4 wedges before tossing into the Vitamix Aer container.
I turned the blender on high while I stirred the pan of food simmering on the stovetop. 45 seconds later I had a fresh batch of lemonade that was just right! I strained it over each glass, using a spoon to scrape out extra pulp as needed.
For an extra touch, I added a bright straw to each glass. Everyone admired the lovely color of this blueberry lemonade, and they also appreciated that it wasn’t too sweet. If your kids prefer sweeter lemonade, add in additional 1-2 tablespoons of sugar or honey.
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 lemon, cut off the ends, then cut into 4 equal slices
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- Add ingredients to the Vitamix Aer Disc container in the order listed. Hint: you can use the measurements on the side of the container to measure the water and the ice cubes.
- Beginning on low, increase the speed to the highest setting. Run for 30-45 seconds, or until all of the ingredients are well blended. (The blueberries should be pureed and the lemon wedges should be pulverized.)
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to catch the pulp.
- Serve in a tall glass with extra ice. Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 156 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Don’t want to add ice cubes to your glass of lemonade? Here’s an expert tip: Soak lemon wedges in water, then freeze. Use these as ice cubes; as they melt, they will add fresh lemon juice to your lemonade instead of water!