Confession: I love traveling the world. Do you?
One of my favorite things about traveling is experiencing the food. I’ve had fish and chips in England, Provencal lamb in France, handmade pasta in Italy, traditional goulash in Hungary, tapas in Spain, and bratwurst in Germany.
When I return home from my travels, my kitchen explodes with creativity and innovative ideas! That’s how I discovered this Finnish recipe. We made an entire meal with the theme of Finland. And this frothy Finnish pancakes were a hit!
They’re simple and not overbearingly egg-y. Plus, they can be made completely in the Vitamix Aer container (yay for minimal dishes to wash).
Start by blending 4 eggs in the Vitamix Aer Disc container on high for 30 seconds, until they double in size. Turn off the blender, then add in the remaining ingredients. Mix on medium speed until incorporated and there are no lumps of flour remaining.
Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by coating it with melted butter. Then, pour in the egg batter and bake at 450 for 22 minutes.
Told you it was easy!
Here’s the best part…how do you eat it? We slice each batch into six equal pieces, and top with our favorite topping:
- Warm maple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- Fresh berries
- Fruit preserves
This pairs well with sausage or bacon, a fruit salad or a smoothie.
Enjoy this taste of Finland!
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Swirl the melted butter in the 9x13 pan until the bottom is coated. Optional: To melt the butter, place it in the 9x13 pan, and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Check after a few minutes, and remove when the butter is melted.
- Crack 4 eggs into the Vitamix Aer Disc container. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until they double in size.
- Turn off the blender, then add in the remaining ingredients. Mix on medium speed until incorporated and there are no lumps of flour remaining.
- Pour the egg batter into the 9x13 pan that is coated with melted butter.
- Bake at 450 for 22 minutes.
This will rise in the oven, and fall once it comes out of this oven. This is normal!
Pairs well with with sausage, bacon, fruit salad, or a smoothie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 314mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g