- Fresh basil leaves – 2 cups (3 if you like the fresh taste of basil)
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Pine nuts (or walnuts) – 2 Tbsp
- Peeled garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup
- Freshly grated Romano pecorini cheese – 2 Tbsp
- Butter, softened in the microwave – 3 Tbsp
- Combine the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and salt in the blender and run on high.
- Take breaks during the blending to scoop all the ingredients down towards the blade (you can use a rubber spatula)
- When the ingredients are thoroughly blended, pour it in a bowl with the cheeses and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, beat in the butter.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at TheBlendTrend.com.
You can find more pesto recipes at BlenderRecipes.us.