As the temps rise and the sun beats down, nothing satisfies my thirst quite like lemonade. Sometimes ice cold water is rejuvenating, but most of the time water is just lacking that extra oomph. You know what I mean?
On those summer days, I make a fresh batch of 2-minute lemonade in my Vitamix Aer Disc container.
“Since this is so easy,” I thought, “I wonder if I can spice up my lemonade with other ingredients too?” I’ve tried:
As you can tell, lemonade (and limeade) can be so diverse! “Since watermelon is so refreshing,” I thought, “I wonder if I can add it to lemonade?”
I tossed some watermelon into my trusted lemonade recipe and the result was even more refreshing than I expected. It was a hit!
The most time-consuming part was de-seeding the watermelon. After that, here’s how easy this Watermelon Lemonade is:
- De-seed the watermelon and lemon.
- Add watermelon chunks, lemon slices, honey, and ice to the Vitamix Aer Disc blender container.
- Blend together for 30-60 seconds.
- Enjoy while it’s ice cold!
I’ve also tried freezing the leftovers, which result in a block as solid as a brick. So if you make this treat, be sure to enjoy it right away!
Optional add-ins: rum, tequila, vodka, other fruit, limes.
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups watermelon
- 3 cups ice
- ¼ cup honey
- Optional add-ins: rum, tequila, vodka, other fruit, limes.
- Trim the ends off the lemons, slice into rounds, and remove the seeds.
- Cube the watermelon and remove the seeds.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix Aer Disc container, and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Enjoy immediately.
See the original 2-minute lemonade recipe here.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 6gSugar: 55gProtein: 3g